Programme Code & Duration:501/0998/4; 1 Year (Full Time)
Awarding Body:Edexcel (BTEC)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership programme is an excellent route for students to continue on a Master’s Degree (MBA). This qualification will enable up to 120 credits to be used as exemptions on appropriate Masters courses. Thus students with the Edexcel (BTEC) Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management and leadership may be required to take only the final 60 credits in order to complete a full Masters Degree programme (MBA).
The Postgraduate Diploma enables students to obtain direct entry into the later stages of a range of Masters programmes (MBA).
The Level 7 BTEC Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership enables students with little management experience to develop knowledge of management principles, skills and techniques. It provides candidates the ingredients to develop a cross functional and macro view of these functions and how these feed into business analysis activities and influence decision making. During the course students will have the opportunity to attain an understanding of management in practice, working on 'real world scenarios' and case studies with small groups of motivated students drawn from many countries and cultures.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 7 qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership have been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
· engage in learning that is relevant to them and which will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
· progress to employment in a particular vocational sector
· progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications.
· provide them with a recognised and respected qualification which will enable them to complete a high level programme or a Master’s Degree.
The minimum age for registration for this programme is 21.
· Have a good first degree, equivalent to a British Bachelors degree, or other appropriate professional qualification
· English language skills equivalent to IELTS 6.0
What are the career prospects?
The Postgraduate qualification provides students with good opportunities in senior management positions within organisations operating in commercial and service sectors. Eligible students will also be able to progress onto a Masters level qualification (MBA) from most of the universities in the UK.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership (Total 120 credits)
1. Developing Strategic Management and LeadershipSkills
2. Professional Development for Strategic Managers
3. Strategic Change Management
4. Strategic Marketing Management
5. Strategic Planning
6. Managing Financial Principles and Techniques
7. Strategic Supply Chain Management and Logistics
8. Research Methods for Strategic Managers
9. Project Development and Implementation for Strategic Managers
(The Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is awarded on completion of all 9 subjects).
On successful completion of all the examinations, students are awarded the Edexcel (BTEC) Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership.
Remarks:Registration with Edexcel and other relevant fees are excluded.